Monday, June 13, 2005

Novel

I've finished five chapters of my novel. The themes of my book spring from an experience I had in Seattle a few years ago, working for a charismatic Christian organization. I let the novel sit for a bit, and reread it today over lunch. I was suprised how much I enjoyed it.

I still cannot fathom any kind of market for this book, but I do enjoy the process and my wife likes it. (At least she says she does.) Twenty or so more chapters to go.

A few of the themes are: How do we engage others? How does God respond to prayer? What happens when we begin to open ourselves to those around us? One of the central themes deals with how we often require that which we struggle to give.

And so, between diaper changes and corporate videos, I'm going to try to finish up this autobiographical, self-aware, and painful cliche' of a first novel.

Then I can move on to the second, less autobiographical, less self-aware and not-so-painful cliche' of a second novel.

No comments: