Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"Lucy, you have some esplainin' to do!"

Our cardiologist skipped Bedside Manners 101. But she seems competent. Or does she?

Altogether-Too-Peppy-For-The-Situation-Cardiologist: "Ian's heart is still enlarged and there's pressure on his lungs. Thanks for coming in; see you in March."

Annie: "Uhh, hmmm, okaaaayyyy."

Altogether-Too-Peppy-For-The-Situation-Cardiologist: "Otherwise, he looks great. Bye-bye, now."

Lucy!*

*That's from I Love Lucy, for all you youngsters out there.

6 comments:

Lori said...

What the heck?!? Was Annie able to grab Dr. Peppy before she bolted? The enlargement is "normal", from our experience, and will decrease over time. I assume that affects the lungs. Man, I hate it when docs are like that! I say page her & get a better explanation if need be. I'd send you my copy of "Pushy Parenting" but I'm still using it. :)

Kim Ayres said...

Who needs over sentimental doctors anyway?

Mind you, informative ones would be useful...

Nicole said...

How weird. Is there another perhaps even better cardiologist available in your area?

Tom said...

Lori: I'm not sure about the details, just know that's all we got out of our Dr. We've got a call in to find out more...

Kim: If I could just hook Ian up to a computer then I wouldn't need human interaction at all.


Of course, there would be those pesky technicians to fix said computer...

Nicole: She's the best; which I'll take, and just put up with all the rest I suppose.

Tricia said...

Waaaaahhhh, Ricky.

(No sarcasm intended. Just a making sure you know I got the reference.)

What the heck?! Hope she explained something!!!)

If it's any consolation, Georgia's heart remained somewhat enlarged after surgery too. We'll find out in a couple weeks at her 6 month post-op (wow!) how it is now.

Good luck!

Tom said...

Tricia: I'm glad to know that it's "normal" to take a while for the heart to mend. And I've got a phone call in...