Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hey, buddy! You just lost a vote!

I have a rule about political bumper stickers and "Jesus fish" emblems.

Don't do it.

I don't care if you're the world's most courteous driver. If you're on the road, you're in my way. A guy in a SUV with a Jesus fish cut me off on my way to getting my 99¢ cheeseburger from Wendys. And no one should come between me and my small vanilla Frosty. Especially not the lady with the peeling 'Gary Hart for President' sticker on the back of her tan Chrysler LeBaron.

I don't know what you're up to these days, Mr. Hart, but that lady cost you a vote.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a good rule and I follow it to the letter. My sister-in-law has a fish on her car and she also flips people off all the time when she doesn't like their driving. She asked me if I thought this sent mixed messages. Huh?

Tom said...

I've been thinking about putting a Bears sticker and a Packers sticker on my bumper; any contradictions there? :)